Project ideas - Networking
Table of Contents
Multi-path network access
Simultaneous use of multiple network access technologies can increase reliability, throughput, and decrease latency.
- Consumer: Aggregation of LTE and WiFi networks in smartphones
- Vehicular: Aggregation of multiple LTE networks in public and private transport
- Consumer/Enterprise: Aggregation of DSL/Cable with LTE for hybrid network access
- Reliable, affordable, up-to-date hybrid home routers
- Streaming application with low latency requirements
- Applications with high bandwidth demands
- Applications with low latency and high reliability demands in cyber physical systems
- Reliable and low-latency network access for mobile edge computing
- Evaluation of OpenMPTCPRouter (www.openmptcprouter.com) as replacement for commercial hybrid access routers.
- Design of packet scheduling strategies for
- low latency transmission
- reliable transmission
- priority transmission
Prediction of network path and traffic characteristics using artificial intelligence
The timing of packets in packet switched networks include manifold information from which the traffic and path characteristics can be deduced.
- Using available public available data for characterization of networks effects
- Prediction of network and traffic characteristics using online measurements
- Network measurements of wired, WiFi, cellular networks for performance evaluation, network planning, and prediction.
Deployment of a LoraWAN IoT gateway
Install and deploy a LoraWAN IoT Gateway at our university building.